Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hill run in a drought

Tuesday nights with the running club are considered "Dem' Hills". It is a nice 4.7 mile loop through the streets of an affluent neighborhood and seems to be the only area in south jersey hilly and safe enough to run after work. I was able to make it into the scheduled six miles by going ahead of the wonderful company I had and then trailing back some to meet up with them a few times.

NJ is currently experiencing extreme heat. Our water pump at home busted a yesterday, it was replaced today, but the water pressure in the my neighborhood is bad. Running the hills in this 103+ degree weather renewed my sense of how fit I really am. Once I "warmed" up, I soared through the streets, hitting every sprinkler that was on and asked people out front of their houses watering their plants to "hit me" and they happily obliged.

Still had a beer and cupcakes with dinner tonight...so much for cutting my caloric and alcohol intake during the week. The getting the miles in part of this training is a piece of cake, it's just not eating that cake part is tough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment